tCat (Phase I) – Geometric Measurement and Auscultation of Railway Tracks and Overhead Contact Lines (Catenary)
PROJECT tCat (Phase I) – Geometric Measurement and Auscultation of Railway Tracks and Overhead Contact Lines (Catenary)
TYPE OF WORK I+D+i - MEDICIóN CATENARIA Y VíA - GEOMETRíA
CUSTOMER FINANCIADO POR SME INSTRUMENT - HORIZON 2020 UE
THE CHALLENGE:?Create an automated system for measurement of Overhead Contact Lines and rails with the interaction of less workers posssibly.
HOW THE DEVELOPMENT WAS DONE??This workstation was created over the base of an alluminium body part in wich are mounted all the subassemblies and hardware. All the control components and drive actuator are located inside the fairing, designed resistant to water and dust. tCat was developed with the next electronical components: slope sensor, encoder, distance handheld laser of high accuracy, laser sensor, PLC Station and a servo drive. Also, the IT Department of Telice developed a control program for determining the type of measurement and the data acquisition.
RESULTS:?tCat workstation has been developed to survey and monitor overhead line contact (height, stagger) and track gauge, obtaining the possition of different elements in absolute coordinates by working in cojunction with a robotic total station. Because of its speed, simplicity and accurate measuremens, this pioneering system represents a great advance in the sector, achieving accuracy consisten mesaurements and time saving of more than 5% of the different tasks. With these features and the variety of parameters it can obtain tCat, this advance is suitable for both public administrations and assembly an mainteinance companies because of its esasy operability, promptness and accuracy. It was created specificly for 1000, 1435 and 1668 milimeters track gauge.
- Equipment battery life over 7 hours.
- Does not take up a track.
- Accuracy and repeatability on measurement.
- Saving time in data-processing, removing potential transcription errors thanks to the computerized recording.
- Automatic detection of objects to be measured, ensuring quickness movement.
- Easy to move and store..
- Does not requier to cut off the overhead line supply.
- Specific, sumple and easy-to-use software application.
- Adaptable to any track gauge.
- Able for rigid and flexible catenary systems.
- Able in bad weather conditions.
- A single device with several functions.
- Possibly of working in absolute coordinates.
tCat Work station has been designed to get the geometric parameters of track and overhead contact lines, easen the overhaul works, catenary assembly and subsequent mantaining jobs. That means a great saving in time and money.
Obtains the following parameters:
- Track gauge.
- Distance travelled.
- Wire height and stagger in digid and flexible catenary.
- Clearance gauge at post.
- Tunnel profile.
- Chord offset.
- Otaining absolute coordinates of any element.
Funded by:?Horizon 2020 Framework Programme of the European Union under grant agreement Number 696979Volver